KCCI 8 News, Iowa’s News Leader, is seeking two producers who want to create memorable newscasts. The right candidates will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be able to win the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
One of the available positions will offer the opportunity to focus on political coverage, in addition to producing daily newscasts. That political focus will include producing a weekly talk show, producing political stories and debates.
· Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers.
· Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
· Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
· 2 years producing experience.
· Creative presentation style.
· Experience in a newsroom and the ability to remain calm under pressure
· Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
· Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered.
· Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills.
· Ability to multi-task; coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
· An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
· Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
· Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
· Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
· College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred.
· Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered.
Copyright © 2021 My Media Jobs - All Rights Reserved.