NewsCenter1 (KNBN-TV) in Rapid City has an immediate opening for a morning producer for an energetic small-market news team. We seek someone with strong editorial judgment who can make substantial contributions to our story selection and coverage, and produce a dynamic on-air product to strengthen and build the NewsCenter1 brand.
NewsCenter1 produces 3 hours of news each weekday: NewsCenter1 Early Edition 5:30 a.m.–6:00 a.m.; NewsCenter1 Today 6 a.m.–7 a.m.; NewsCenter1 at 5:30 p.m. (30 minutes); NewsCenter1 at 6 p.m. (30 minutes); and NewsCenter1 at 10 p.m. (35 minutes). This position will produce NewsCenter1 Early Edition at 5:30 a.m. and NewsCenter1 Today at 6 a.m.
Rapid City is a small-market city with big-market news. And the Black Hills region where we are located is a stunningly beautiful area with endless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. Mt. Rushmore National Monument is 30 minutes from downtown. Badlands National Park is an hour east.
Because this position works during the overnight hours, the successful applicant must be a motivated, self-directed person who works well alone but functions smoothly as part of a team.
Strong writing skills are a must.
Reports to: Executive Producer
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Produce weekday morning newscasts
2. Write and edit copy for newscasts
3. Assign reporters and videographers as required for overnight breaking news
4. Generate story ideas, including video and interview possibilities
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. 1-2 years newsroom experience, or appropriate collegiate experience
2. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related degree field
3. Strong editorial judgement
4. Strong written and visual storytelling skills
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Premiere Pro or similar non-linear editing system, newsroom computer system (knowledge of Ross Inception system a plus).
If you would like to be part of our dynamic team, send your résumé and a link to your most recent show to: